Welcome to the application page.
Who is eligible to apply?
Students who… • are in their final year of high school.
• will be pursuing a bachelor of music degree at a Canadian University.
• have demonstrated outstanding commitment towards their musical pursuits.
• have helped engage and entertain other students in the musical field.
All candidates must provide the following documents in word or pdf formats:
▢ A reference letter from your teacher (preferably your high school teacher).
▢ The transcript of your academic record. (specifically, your "Ontario Student Transcript" (Relevé de notes collégial - QC)).
▢ A one to two page essay entitled "The role of music in my life".
▢ A separate page detailing your involvement in your school music program.
- what you play, for how long, participation in school music productions/events & festivals, choir(s), training, etc
▢ A separate page detailing your involvement in your community.
- lessons, community production or performances, competitions, other community groups or ensembles, charity or fundraising events
▢ A separate page with details of your University plans and goals.
▢ A performance of three contrasting pieces, on your instrument(s) in common audio/video formats.
■ One of these should be a video.
■ One of the pieces must be accompanied.
■ The three recordings together should not exceed 10 minutes TOTAL.
▢ A word document with links to your three recordings.
▢ Sheet music for each of the pieces.
▢ Our completed application form. Download and save it before filling it in.
To verify you have everything, a checklist is provided on the form.
Email everything electronically to: SCscholarship@rogers.com
Do not send audio or video files electronically. How do we decide? The recipient will be chosen by the Stairwell Carollers Scholarship Committee on the basis of the following weighted criteria:
➢ Excellence of the applicant (academic records, letter of reference, university plans & goals
➢ Involvement in School and Community
➢ Overall Potential
The decision of the Scholarship Committee will be considered final. All candidates will be informed of the results of their scholarship application in May of the current year.